Don't have time to build your own or attend a course? Get in the queue now for late 2016 and early 2017 delivery. For more information, e-mail Turner.
More listings shortly... Stay tuned!
June 9,10 and 11,12
To sign up for either of our two-day Greenlandic Intensives, and/or for accomodation information, email us.
June 16, 17, 18
June 23, 24, 25, 26
We're looking forward to working with Sea Kayak Germany again this year, in the Flensburg, Germany area. Two two-day skills courses! Contact Trenk Muller to sign up!
Two sessions: June 29th & 30th, and July 1st & 2nd. Your choice!
Happily returning to pick up where we left off this past year, working with folks south of Gothenburg, compliments of our host, Mikael Svalstrand of Kayak Billdal, to work either of two two-day Greenland skills sessions. Come join in! To sign up, email us at Kayak Ways.
Two sessions: July 6-7 or 8-9. Your choice!
We are very happy to return to Torbjorn's and Katrina's, partners at Kajakcenter!, to work intensive Greenlandic skills out of this fantastic location. We KNOW it'll be good! To sign up for this course, go here!
For the first time in 4 years, Kayak Ways is collaborating with West Coast Expeditions in hosting a Greenland Intensive Class at their amazing and beautiful location, on Spring Island, one of our favorite places on the West Coast, of Vancouver Island, Canada. There is a nice protected bay where we can teach rolling, as well as several different water conditions, and lots of great paddles available for skill development. Also, an abundance of many many wildlife species reside and make their presence felt.
WCE offers remote offshore 'glamping' as well as simply fantastic meals focused on local food sources.
Our daily routines flow with the tides, weather, Aboriginal cultural and community opportunities and wildlife. Taking full advantage of the comforts and conveniences of the WCE base camp, each day's outings by sea kayak and foot allow us to share nearby highlights, including:
• curious sea otters, sea lions, and possibly of kayaking with whales, which can include humpback, grey, MInke & killer whales
• tufted puffins, bald eagles, osprey & other marine birds
• black bear viewing from kayaks while they forage along the shoreline
• Aboriginal cultural interactions and traditional salmon feast around an open fire
• paddling through and learning about historic and current sites of the local Kyuquot-Checleset First Nations people
• inviting shell beaches on rocky islets laden with marine life in tide pools
• giant Sitka spruce trees topped with the massive nests of bald eagles
• some of the most spectacular rugged surf-pounded shores
• incredibly picturesque sunsets and sunrises
Along with Cheri and Turner, WCE professional sea kayak guides will enjoy sharing their knowledge and skills.
When on interpretive walks, if we don't have answers for your many questions, we'll try to find out more from our resource library in the dining and activity shelter at our island retreat.
Check out their picture gallery just for a glimpse of the magic that surrounds this glorious location.
Only TWO places left, going FAST! Contact Cheri for more information.
More news on that round the next headland...
Cheri & Turner